Water Heater Service and Replacement in Lancaster County
When do most people think about their water heater and their home’s hot water supply? When the hot water is gone! When you turn on the spigot and the hot water ceases to flow, it may be time to replace your hot water heater.
When the hot water stops, the experienced team at Graybill Service Group can assess whether your hot water heater needs repaired or replaced. If it’s time for a water heater replacement, we can help you choose the most efficient and cost-effective setup for your home and your family’s hot water needs.
What to Expect When Discussing Water Heater Services for Your Home
With Graybill’s water heater repair, installation and replacement services, you will always get:
- Helpful advice about your best options for a new water heater.
- Upfront pricing.
- Respectful, well-trained technicians who do excellent work and provide top-rated service.
- A complete cleanup of the work area when the service is finished.
- Great financing options, with approved credit.
- A recent Google review for Graybill Service Group
“My wife called me at work to report our 12-year-old water heater had stopped working again. I called J.G. Graybill who was able to walk me through some options, offered some advice, and then scheduled the replacement of my water heater for later that same day. Service techs Bill and Mitch were friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They did a fantastic job getting things back up and running in no time. Very happy with the experience and have peace of mind the job was done right. Almost like having a plumber in the family.”
When You Should Call for Water Heater Repair
Whether you have a traditional water heater or a tankless water heater, there are times when repairs are necessary and it’s necessary to call a plumbing professional. Contact Graybill Service Group if you’re seeing any of these problematic signs with your home’s water heater:
- Rust-colored water flowing from your faucets
- Running out of hot water far earlier than is usual
- Irregular or erratic changes in water temperatures
- Leaking or pooled water around the base of your hot water heater
- Unusual noises during operation
Options to Consider with a New Water Heater Installation
When it’s time to install a new water heater in your home, choosing the right system is important. Your water heater has a direct impact on:
- Your family’s daily access to hot water: Choosing a water heater that’s too small will leave you with days when you don’t have timely access to all the hot water you need (with showers, the dishwasher running, laundry and more all drawing on your supply.) On the other hand, choosing a hot water heater with way more capacity than you need means that you could be paying for a system that’s overkill for your daily usage.
- Your monthly bills: If your new water heater isn’t properly sized, it will draw more energy or water than what’s necessary for your household use. That can mean higher monthly energy and water bills over the years.
- The longevity of your investment: if your hot water heater isn’t correctly sized, it won’t be able to operate at top efficiency. To draw as many years as possible out of your home’s hot water heater, you want the right size and setup.
The Graybill team will help you decide the on the best water heater installation option for your home and family. We consider the number of people that live in your home, your daily practices that dictate hot water usage and needs, your home’s overall plumbing system and setup, and your budget. We’re happy to answer all the questions you have so you feel confident in your choice.
Whether it’s gas or electric, the plumbers from Graybill Service Group have the experience and know-how to fix it fast or install it properly. We offer the following services:
- Natural gas water heater repair and installation.
- Electric water heater repair and replacement.
- Propane water heater service and installs.
- Tankless water heater repair and installation.
- Heat pump water heater service and installs.
- Chimney pipe water heater repair and replacement.
- Temperature and pressure relief valves for water heaters.
Need professional help selecting the best water heater for your Lancaster County home? Ready to get a quote for water heater installation? Call Graybill Service Group at 717-768-3276. We’ve been solving hot water issues for more than 20 years for satisfied customers in Leola, Ronks, Paradise, Strasburg, Gap, New Holland, and Lancaster.
What Are the Signs Your Hot Water Heater Might Need to Be Replaced?
If you can recognize the signs that it’s time for water heater replacement, you can upgrade your system before it fails, and your home is left without hot water.
Here are some of the most common signs that your hot water heater will likely need to be replaced soon:
- Age: If your standard water heater is approaching 10 years old or if your tankless system is between 10 and 15 years old, it will soon reach the end of its typical service life. If it’s in those age ranges, chances are it will be cheaper to replace than repair and you may wish to start considering what type of water heater you will go with as a replacement.
- Substandard performance: Does your water take too much time to warm up? Does it run cold soon after the hot tap has been turned on? Is your water heater starting to lag in keeping up with your family’s hot water demands? All of these questions signal that your hot water heater’s performance is lacking, and you may need to consider a replacement.
- Murky water: If your hot water looks murky or has particles floating in it, your water heater may be corroding or have excessive mineral buildup. In either case, it may be time for a water heater replacement.
- Strange sounds or smells: When water heaters smell or sound strange, there’s usually something wrong.
Typically, it is more cost-effective to replace a water heater that is already near the end of its life expectancy or if the damage is severe. Repairs tend to be possible if there are only a few damaged parts or if the water heater is fairly new. The Graybill team can help you diagnose what’s causing the problem and whether you need water heater repair or replacement.